The basic components of In His Footsteps are: The Outlines, Handouts, Workbook, and Quizzes/Tests. With those basics, you can teach the materials.
Yet, in my classroom setting, I make use of some other materials I have created. Thinking that these extra materials may be useful to others, I provide them as a free download for your use or modification.
Of the supplementary materials, the Point System is the most significant because it adds an additional aspect to your teaching efforts.
I encourage you to download the supplementary materials and use those that work best in your setting.
The Point System was designed to encourage students to be involved in the life of the church beyond merely attending Catechism Class.
Although some could misinterpret its intent, it is not a means of "earning" the right to be confirmed. It's simply a means of setting forth expectations, tracking their progress, yet giving them the latitude to choose, within certain parameters, what they will do to obtain the points needed for the year. Completing their Memory Work and Workbook lessons and attending class are required regardless of how many points they may have at any given time.
• Record Book pages, copy-ready to track student's progress
• Point System recording is contained within the Record Book
• 3 Progress Report formats, copy-ready, used to inform parents of their student's class progress
• Catechism Policy for students who choose not to complete their work
• Within the Supplementary Pages are also a Pre and Post Essay for each Series. If you choose, you can use them to see how students progressed from the beginning of the year to the close of the year
• Questions for both years are the same so that you can compare year one to year two
• All information noted above is contained within the Supplementary Pages download